Date(s) - Jul 24, 2020 - Jul 26, 2020
Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix
at Schenley Park
Friday to Sunday, July 24 – 26, 2020 Schenley Park, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Save $50 by entering by April 30!’
The VSCCA is back at the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix with two race groups! Schenley Park, with its hay bales and stonewalled street course, is recognized as the ideal circuit to race and showcase them.
- The Pre-War Group will include all pre-1941 cars, MGTC models (1945 -1950), as well as certain other immediate postwar sporting cars on an individual basis.
- The VSCCA will also manage the PVGP’s group for Sports Racers and Formula Cars. This group will reorganize to include Pre-1961 Formula 2, Formula 3 (500cc), Formula Junior, Sports Racing including Modifieds, Pre-1963 1500cc & under, and Pre-1963 Lotus 7’s.
- VSCCA members who wish to participate in the other groups managed by the PVGP are encouraged to do so.
- All entrants should plan to arrive by noon on Friday, July 24 for to get situated, teched, and all new drivers to the PVGP must participate in a course walk from 4-5:30.
- Not to be missed is the annual “Forbes Ave of Speed” Race Car Parade (Friday July 24, 2020 – 6:30 to 8:30 PM) which culminates in a drivers reception and a car show on Forbes Avenue in Squirrel Hill.
Cars eligible for these two groups will be evaluated for inclusion by VSCCA. All racers in these and other groups will, however, apply through the PVGP.
For more information please contact Event Chair George Vapaa at email@example.com call 302-593-8321
- Race Entry: $500
- Axis vs. Allies Saturday Race: $75
- Second Car Same Driver or Same Car in 2 Race Groups: $200
- Additional Crew: $30 each (driver and 2 crew are included for Friday night Driver Reception)
- Entry will be managed online through the PVGP website (see link below).
- The PVGP on-line portal Drivers’ Page is for your payment and basic registration only; you will also need to complete and mail in the PDF PVGP Entrant Application , long with a copy of the back of your VSCCA membership card, which indicates that you are on the VSCCA “Approved Driver” list and the date your medical expires.
There will be roving tech inspections throughout the paddock. The PVGP tech sheet, which is available on the PVGP website in the Drivers Section, should be utilized, even though some items may be inapplicable. For example, for the Pre-War group and the Formula / Sports Racing group, managed by VSCCA, fuel cells, roll bars, dual braking systems, HANS devices and arm restraints will not be required. VSCCA entrants in other groups, managed by the PVGP, must meet the requirements set forth in PVGP’s Rules & Regulations (available on the PVGP website in the Drivers Section).
VSCCA entrants with out of date SFI safety belts can be accommodated in 2020, providing the belts are not more than 5 years old and in otherwise acceptable condition.
Participants without transponders will not be timed; however, the timing & scoring team has indicated that they should be able to identify the first three finishers in a group even if none of the top three finishers has a transponder. However, they would not be able to score numerous cars without transponders.
PVGP Winners Circle awards:
The normal PVGP Winners Circle awards will be applied for each race group, however, there will be special recognition for one participant in each VSCCA managed group.
Directions to the Paddock:
Some of the streets around Schenley Park are very narrow and not recommended for those pulling extra long trailers. For easy access to the paddock, use Exit 74 from I-376. Take Forward Ave and Murray Ave and make left turn on Hobart St. Follow Hobart St. to the end and it will take you directly to the Schenley Park paddock. (For GPS, use 5735 Hobart St, Pittsburgh, PA 15217 as your destination and continue on Hobart St. to Schenley Park.)
Note that the PVGP is a 501 (c) (3) organization and any direct donations can be tax deductible.
Click here to view all of the VSCCA Events.