Date(s) - Jul 20, 2018 - Jul 21, 2018
- Mark O'Day
- Benjamin L.Bragg IV
The Inaugural White Mountain Vintage Grand Prix
at Club Motorsports, New Hampshire
Friday July 20 through Saturday July 21
If you have not seen the new course in Tamworth, New Hampshire, just one picture will be worth a thousand words. Here are a couple to whet your appetite …
In December, I had the chance to do several laps at a pretty good chat and it is fantastic – 15 turns over 2.5 miles with an elevation change of 250 feet. It’s over 40 feet wide with a mix of long straightaways and left and right turns both uphill and downhill. Fast corners, slowish corners, increasing and decreasing radius – it has it all.
On Friday and Saturday, July 20-21 the VSCCA will host the inaugural White Mountain Vintage Grand Prix. You will not want to miss it! Over the course of the two days we will share the track with Club Motorsports, which is essentially the same as the Lime Rock Drivers Club. Our format will be the same as we have for the Spring Sprints and Fall Finale, where we alternate every other hour with Club Motorsports. So, there should be plenty of track time for what will likely be our typical three run groups.
While all the logistics have not been finalized here are some details:
- Entry fee: $425, after July 10: $475.
- This is a muffled event – 90 dB limit.
- For cars with VSCCA logbooks and guests with VSCCA eligible cars. Please contact me if you have questions regarding your car.
- Three run groups planned
- The track is just a few miles west of Ossipee, NH, off of route 16
- From Boston, it is a 2-hour drive. From Hartford, 4 hours. From New York, 6 hours. From Philly, 7. From Albany, 4:15.
- The White Mountain area is a popular summer destination. There is plenty of lodging but I suggest you book early. The track’s suggestions are below. There is an abundance of lodging within a 15-20 mile radius.
- Motorhomes are acceptable however there is no camping – i.e. – tents
To sign up please go to: https://www.vscca.org/events/the-white-mountain-vintage-grand-prix
More details will be forthcoming but in the meantime if you have any questions please contact: Mark O’Day at firstname.lastname@example.org or 603-580-5827.
More about the track can be found at: http://www.clubmotorsports.com
West Ossipee, NH For Club Motorsports Special pricing please call directly.
2.2 Miles, 3 minutes from track
For Club Motorsports Special pricing please call directly.
3.6 miles, 6 minutes from track
6.2 miles, 11 minutes from track
5.1 miles, 7 minutes from track
13 miles, 21 minutes from track
Bed and Breakfasts
4.5 miles, 8 minutes from track
1118 Page Hill Rd, Chocorua, NH 03817
6.5 miles, 9 minutes from track
Conway is 18 miles north, 23 minutes from track.
Moultonborough lodging is 12-15 southwest from the track towards route 93
Click here to view all of the VSCCA Events.