Northern Tech Session at the Saratoga Auto Museum on March 2

Home / Forums / VSCCA Forum (CLICK HERE to see forum topics or to add a new forum topic.) / Northern Tech Session at the Saratoga Auto Museum on March 2

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Profile photo of Dow SmithDow Smith

Don’t forget to sign up for the Northern Tech Session on March 2 at the Saratoga Auto Museum. This is a chance to see the exhibit honoring the VSCCA on our 60th Anniversary. The International Motorsports Research Center will present a special program on early sports car racing before WWII and the early years of Watkins Glen. Noted historian Bill Green will be the featured speaker. I’m told by Jim Donick that he does a great job.
      This will also be an opportunity to view some of the cars permanently on display at the Saratoga Auto Museum including the George Weaver Maserati and Erwin Goldschmidt Allard, both winners at Watkins Glen in the street race era.
      The program will begin at 11am and last until about 4PM with a catered lunch. We have also arranged for a special rate ($119) on hotel rooms for Friday night or that Saturday night for those who have a longer drive to Saratoga. Saratoga also offers some wonderful shops and restaurants. Contact Dow Smith (dowsmith323@gmail.clm) if you would like to reserve a room.
      This promises to be a fascinating look at the growth of the sport and cars we love.

Profile photo of Peter RossPeter Ross
      Participant

Hi Dow,
      Rachel and I will be registering.

(To Mark:) But this is also my first look at the Forum. What are the boxes above this “Reply to” area? I can guess several; I could experiment with them, but are they defined somewhere? Example: What are b-quote; ol; li; code;close tags?
      Thanks,
      Peter

Profile photo of Peter RossPeter Ross
      Participant

To Mark:
      At the end of writing a reply to a post, it needs a method to return to the selection/index of posts to “stay in the Forum”. Right now a reply is followed by the whole site home page.
      Peter

Profile photo of Mark ShermanMark Sherman
        Keymaster

Peter:

Thanks for that feedback. It is now on my “ToDO” list.

Best regards,
        Mark

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.