VSCCA “the cars are of paramount importance.”
The Vintage Sports Car Club of America – V.S.C.C.A., Inc. – is the oldest automotive preservation club in America that offers a complete race program in addition to rally and other automotive conservation events. The emphasis is on rare or unusual sports & racing cars including pre-war and certain post war cars through December 31, 1965.
Important VSCCA Event Updates
Since our last email we have a number of updates:
Empire Cup, May 29-30 at Lime Rock — Postponed until July 24 – 25, 2020
We need about 70 VSCCA cars to make this a viable event. If you enter and the event is cancelled, your credit card will not be charged and there are no Paypal fees. So there is no risk. Please enter here so we can make an informed decision: https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/empire-cup-a-celebration-of-iconic-sport-racer-lime-rock-park-vscca-427645
- With so much up in the air, the VSCCA Board has decided to maintain the “Early Bird” entry rate for our remaining 2020 track events. For VSCCA members the Empire Cup will be $525. For Thompson, Tamworth (WMVGP), and the Fall Finale it will be $475.The entry process on motorsportreg.com has been updated to reflect these changes. There are no changes to our other events. Please go here to enter: https://www.motorsportreg.com/orgs/vintage-sports-car-club-of-america
- There are no changes to the Mt. Equinox Hill Climb since there was no Early Bird discount. Please go here to enter: https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/mount-equinox-annual-hillclimb-vscca-276704
- The Lime Rock Historics have extended their Early Bird $100 discount to July 15th. They have asked that entrants please sign up earlier to help them with their planning. (They will not process payments until July 15.) Please go here to enter: https://limerock.com/historicfestivalparticipantinfo
- With this announcement please bear in mind the intention of the Early Bird entry rate was to encourage early entry so Event Chairs had enough time to plan. If you intend to enter an event please do not wait until the last few days to do so.The EC’s job is hard enough without having to solve for a flurry of entries at the last minute.
Assuming these events move forward, rest assured that we will do everything we can to minimize any exposure risk. We don’t need to get into details now but we will share as the events approach.
The following upcoming events have been cancelled or rescheduled for 2020:
- Empire Cup rescheduled to July 24 – 25.
- Thompson Vintage Festival June 12 – 13 cancelled.
- 2020 Vintage Charity Tour, June 26 – 28 cancelled.
- Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix July 25 – 26 cancelled.
- Vintage Racing Stable Concours & Dinner, August 2-3 cancelled.
We thank the organizers for their efforts and look forward to partaking in these events in 2020. Please note the latter two were charity fund raisers and they could still use your help:
Vintage Charity Tour:
Connecticut Hospice: https://www.hospice.com/
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s disease: https://www.michaeljfox.org
Vintage Racing Stable Concours and Dinner:
Boys & Girls Club of NH Lakes Region: https://www.lakeskids.org
- Driver Medicals: If your medical expired at the end of the 2019 season, that medical will be accepted for the 2020 season. We encourage you to get it updated as soon as it is reasonable to do so. The Event Chair does reserve the right to deny racing privileges to a member with an expired medical if he feels that there is a high probability that the member in question would not be given medical clearance by a doctor. Medical forms are available at: Medical Form
- Communications: If you know a member who does not use email, or a smartphone please give them a call and let them know these updates. Our next mailed communication will be the Newsletter, due out in mid-May. It will probably be delayed to accommodate any developments.
Best regards and good health!
(Please click the links below for registration through motorsportreg.com.)
Video Tutorial for VSCCA Members new to MSR
Video Tutorial for VSCCA Members with MSR accounts, registering for VSCCA events
Wilbraham Hillclimb, May 16, 2020 CANCELLED.
25th Nutmeg Rally, Oct 24, 2020
VSCCA Annual General Meeting, November 7, 2020
Righetti Holiday Lunch, TBA
Boston Holiday Lunch, December 13